Sydney Professional Training
NEW – Foundations of Hakomi Professional Training
– Starts Sydney June 2017
We’re pleased to invite applications for the next intake of the Sydney professional training program, Foundations of Hakomi, commencing in June.
This program is offered over a two-year period, in six modules, of seven days each (i.e. three modules per year).
Foundations of Hakomi will be of value to practicing therapists, psychologists, counsellors, social workers and other allied health care professionals, as well as bodyworkers. This training is also relevant to those working in coaching and change management.
For more details, please Contact Us.
NEW – Hakomi Advanced Phase Professional Training
– Starts Sydney May 2017
We’re pleased to invite applications for the next intake of the Hakomi Advanced Phase Sydney professional training program, commencing in May.
The Hakomi Advanced Phase is one-year training, open to graduates of the two-year Foundations of Hakomi training (and graduates of previous three-year ‘Comprehensive Trainings’) who wish to deepen their understanding of the work and refine their clinical skills. The training is offered in three modules, of six days each, and requires that students have access to clients (either paid clients or practice clients) while undertaking the training.
After completing the Hakomi training, students may choose to pursue Hakomi Certification, a competency-based, individually-assessed level of mastery.
The training will focus on advanced skills, with a particular emphasis on the Character Maps. Each module will be divided between class time (consisting of lectures, group discussion, experiential exercises and contemplative practice); and small group supervision and video review, with an emphasis on advanced skills.
- Long supervised practices with video review
- Advanced contact and micro-tracking techniques
- Character Maps in detail
- Recognising and working with therapeutic systems (tied to each Character)
- Therapist Self-Care, assessing for burnout symptoms
- Student Clinic (an opportunity to video sessions for review) Revisiting the Sensitivity Cycle
- Working with the range of clients, from naive to complex Long-term therapy issues
- Personal visioning for therapist’s career (assessment towards certification)
- Integration and closure
Learn the Hakomi Method of mindful somatic psychotherapy
HAKOMI IS THE LEADING mindful, somatic psychotherapy in Australia. By combining mindfulness, fundamental principles and a precise methodology, Hakomi creates an extraordinarily effective path towards emotional and psychological transformation.
NOT ONLY A REFINED METHOD of Psychotherapy and a specific set of techniques, Hakomi also provides a view of how to be in the role of the health care provider with compassion and a mindful, curious attitude towards our clients and ourselves. By recognising and cultivating loving presence and compassion as an essential element of the method the Hakomi practioner reaches beyond the usual skill set of therapist into “being” with the client. Our goal is to turn out therapists who are as dedicated to fully understanding their own process as they are to the understanding of others.
THE HAKOMI METHOD has been taught internationally for 30 years, throughout the United States, Europe, Australia and New Zealand, and we offer professional trainings in the Sydney, Perth and New Zealand.
EACH HAKOMI TRAINING teaches the entire curriculum of the Hakomi Method, as outlined by the Educational Board of the Hakomi Institute, a non-profit educational organisation based in Boulder, Colorado.
Goals of the Training are:
- A deep understanding of the principles of the Hakomi Method and the ability to work with them.
- An understanding of the organisation of personality and character, and the ability to use this understanding discriminatingly.
- An understanding of the various maps of the therapeutic process and the ability to use those maps and Hakomi techniques precisely and appropriately.
- An understanding of one’s own personality as an instrument for therapy.