A two-day workshop with Aladdin Jones, Certified Hakomi Teacher
PERTH: Sat 14 Jul—Sun 15 Jul 2018
This workshop will be invaluable for: psychologists, therapists, social workers, teachers, police, lawyers, doctors & nurses and others working in the helping professions.
Stress and vicarious trauma can build silently and erode our capacity to access our deepest inner resources. In a safe and experiential environment, this workshop will provide skills and tools:
- to strengthen ways of resourcing and choices in moments of stress and vicarious trauma
- to understand the dynamics which create vicarious trauma and PTSD
- as a healthy platform for self care and self awareness
- to increase our capacity to stay in relationship with those involved
- to develop mindful, heartfelt curiosity about what is triggered by situations, narratives and systems
- to recognise, track and respond to body /somatic signals in yourself and in another (dual awareness)
- to increase awareness of inter-personal boundary styles, dynamics and systems.
- to develop your capacity for embodied mindfulness, and how to be grounded in the face of stress and trauma
- to deepen your capacity for listening beneath the narrative.
Specific areas covered in this training are:
- Attending to Vicarious Trauma & PTSD
- Trauma Resilience
- Mindful Heartful Presence
- Somatic Mapping and Inquiry.
- System Dynamics & Co-regulation
- Centering amidst Chaos
- Integration & Restoration
- Neuroplasticity in Action
Date and Times:
Saturday 14 July: 9.00am — 5.30pm
Sunday 15 July: 9.00am — 3.30pm
13 CPD Hours
$445 Early Bird (paid by 22 June). $495 Thereafter.
No cancellations or refunds after 7 July
Includes lunches and morning and afternoon teas.
Harvard Room, Trinity on Hampden
230 Hampden Road, Crawley, 6009
There are ample free parking bays in the courtyard to the right of the entrance on Hampden Road.