A two-and-a-half-day workshop with Aladdin Jones, Certified Hakomi Teacher
PERTH: Fri 25 Aug—Sun 27 Aug 2017
Stress and vicarious trauma can build silently and erode our capacity to access our deepest inner resources and respond with mindful, heartfelt curiosity.
This workshop will provide effective skills and tools both for being with clients and as a healthy platform for self-care.
The learning style is a whole person approach inviting thinking, feeling and sensing while co-creating a safe and enjoyable learning environment.
This workshop will be primarily experiential, giving participants an opportunity to replenish themselves whilst generating immediately useful skills, resources and knowledge in areas including:
- Effective conditions for maintaining the therapeutic environment
- Who are we helping? Vicarious trauma, compassion fatique & self-care
- Dynamic systems & boundaries
- Ground & groundlessness / Knowing & not-knowing
- Somatic inquiry & deep listening: Supporting the hidden conversations
- Co-regulating the nervous system through limbic resonance & breath
- Mindful embodied presence & curiosity as resource and skilful means
- Accessing and drawing on nature, creativity & play as integrative resourcing.
- Learning the R.A.I.N method for resourcing
- Neuroplasticity in action
- Nourishment & Integration
This will be invaluable for therapists, teachers, doctors & nurses and others in the healing and helping professions.
Date & Times
Friday 25 August, 2.00 pm — 6.00 pm
Saturday 26 August, 9.30 am — 5.00 pm
Sunday 27 August, 9.30 am — 3.00 pm
Early Bird if paid before 4 August 2017, $425.00 (incl GST)
Full fee thereafter $475.00 (incl GST)
No cancellations or refunds after 11 August 2017.
St Catherine’s College, 2 Park Road, Crawley 6009, WA.