A three-day workshop with Jules Morgaine, Certified Hakomi Trainer
PERTH: Fri 13 Apr—Sun 15 Apr 2018
Hakomi as a method of psychotherapeutic exploration is based in Mindfulness as a means of accessing and studying the core organisation of experience within the individual. Much of this information is encoded in the body: sensations, impulses, tension, trauma responses. It is in a deep understanding of the beliefs formed and decisions made in response that enable real change without constant effort to occur.
This three day workshop will offer an opportunity to observe the Hakomi method of psychotherapy in action.
What you can expect:
To experientially learn skills that you can immediately integrate into current psychotherapy practice including:
- Mindfulness for self study
- Use of contact as opposed to questioning to deepen exploration process
- Skills of tracking information on edge of awareness
- Skills to use this information to deepen process
- Use of body-centred information in psychotherapy
- Opportunity to deepen own self awareness and explore the impact of own core organization on therapeutic style
- Opportunity to observe Hakomi Body-integrated psychotherapy in action through observation of full sessions followed by debrief, teaching and feedbacK
- Opportunity for micro-skill development and practice through structured exercises based on Hakomi Principles and method
This workshop is suitable for those applying, or considering applying, to undertake the two year Hakomi Professional training beginning June 2017 and who wish to meet the pre-requisites, understand Hakomi Psychotherapy more fully, and to make personal contact with some of the teaching staff. Others who wish to experience Hakomi are most welcome.
CPD Hours: 18
Date and Times:
Friday April 13, 10.00 am — 6.00 pm
Saturday April 14, 10.00 am — 6.00 pm
Sunday April 15, 10.00 am — 3.00 pm
Early Bird $520.00 until March 23rd. $570.00 thereafter.
Prices include GST. No cancellation refunds after April 1st.
Function Room 4, Murray House
Heathcote Cultural Precinct
58/60 Duncraig Rd, Applecross WA 6153