A four-day workshop with Rob Fisher, MFT, Certified Hakomi Trainer
SYDNEY: Sat 6 Apr—Tue 9 Apr 2019
This training will provide maps and tools for working effectively with couples, that utilise mindfulness and experiential exercises. Covering both assessment and intervention, this training will teach you how to identify and change a couple’s negative interactive cycles, as well as the underlying emotional wounds that cause them.
Mindfulness is one of the most powerful tools in couples counselling. It assists each partner to gently access and talk about deep levels of delicate material that underlie the repetitive patterns in which they become mired.
Working experientially and somatically adds significant depth, impact and aliveness for therapist and client alike. Instead of simply talking about things, couples experience them directly and therefore gain deeper insight as well as tools for change.
In this training you will learn:
- Specific experiential principles and techniques in couples therapy
- How to apply mindfulness with couples to uncover implicit beliefs that colour the relationship
- How to engage each partner’s innate resources
- Recognising attachment issues that underlie more superficial problems
- How to join deeply and create safety and support with each partner in their immediate experiences
- Maps for assessing couples dynamics and systems, and each partner’s contributions
- How to befriend and utilize individual defensive responses
- How to track somatic signals to access unconscious relational material
- How to design clinical experiments that go both to the heart of the issue, and the hearts of the partners
- How to create the emotional field needed to increase vulnerability and bring partners closer to each other
DATE AND TIMES
Saturday 6 April to Tuesday 9 April: 10:00am – 5.30pm
Super Early Bird (paid by 1 October): $835
Early Bird (paid by 22 February): $915
Standard (paid after 22 February): $995
All prices include GST. No cancellations or refunds after 29th March 2019.
Crows Nest Centre, 2 Ernest Place, Crows Nest
Morning and afternoon tea provided.
The four day workshop will provide 22 hours for Continuing Professional Development programs.
Please contact Karen Baikie (organiser) below.
Currently there is no brochure for this workshop.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE.