A three-day workshop with Hakomi Co-Founder, Halko Weiss PhD
MELBOURNE: Fri 1 Feb—Sun 3 Feb 2019
This three day workshop offers the opportunity to observe the Hakomi Mindful Somatic Psychotherapy method in action. Participants will observe Halko providing one to two full sessions each day, followed by debrief, teaching and feedback. Participants will then have the opportunity for skill development and practice through structured exercises based on the Hakomi approach.
The Hakomi method pioneered the use of mindfulness in psychotherapy nearly 50 years ago, to access and study the core organisation of experience within the individual. Much of this information is encoded in the body, in sensations, impulses, and tensions. By incorporating this information, the therapist is able to access implicit memories and core beliefs in a way that enables deep transformation without constant effort.
During this workshop, you can expect to directly observe skills that you can immediately integrate into current psychotherapy practice, including:
- Using mindfulness to go beyond talk therapy
- Contacting rather than questioning to deepen the exploration process
- Tracking information on the edge of awareness and using this information to deepen the therapeutic process
- Conducting little experiments in mindfulness to open into core material
- Including the body as a tool to enter into formative experiences
- Techniques for processing core material and providing missing experiences
- This workshop will be of value to therapists, counsellors and other health care practitioners who are interested in learning more about Hakomi Mindful Somatic
- Psychotherapy or who are considering further training in the method, as well as individuals interested in experiencing the Hakomi approach.
The workshop will provide 16 hours for Continuing Professional Development programs.
DATE AND TIMES
Friday 1st February to Sunday 3rd February: 9:30am – 5:00pm
Super Early Bird (Paid by 1 Oct 2018): $615
Early Bird (paid by 4 Jan 2019): $685
Standard (paid after 4 Jan 2019): $755
All prices include GST. No cancellations or refunds after 25th January 2019.
CERES Van Raay Centre
Cnr Roberts St and Stewart St, Brunswick East, VIC
Morning and afternoon tea provided
Please contact Karen Baikie (organiser) below.
Currently there is no brochure for this workshop.
CLICK HERE TO REGISTER ONLINE.