A two-day workshop with Aladdin Jones, Certified Hakomi Therapist and Teacher
MELBOURNE: Sat 19 Jun—Sun 20 Jun 2021
Bringing hidden conversations alive through a Mindful Somatic (Hakomi) approach to therapy
Increasingly, there is recognition that something is missing if we do not include a somatic body-based connection in therapy. The body is a powerful storehouse of unconscious wisdom.Through the practice of presencing and tracking, we are able to increase mindful awareness. These approaches and skills allow for emergent possibilities, more freedom, and a sense of coming home to who we really are. Hakomi has been at the forefront of integrating somatic and mindfulness in therapy for over 30 years.
This 2-day workshop offers the opportunity to experience the Hakomi Mindful Somatic method of psychotherapy. This collaborative approach offers a more direct dialogue with the ‘hidden conversations’ and information inherent within our own bodies.
The Hakomi approach supports a deepening of practice and provides immediately accessible therapeutic skills that are practical, experiential, embodied and compassionate.
- Recognising the body as a connected, emergent & living system
- Being at home in the body: attending & befriending
- Listening beneath story: what’s in the field of sensory experience
- Tracking and Contacting in the present moment
- The power of present moment mindful body-awareness
- Practicing capacity for dual awareness – yours and other people you are with
- Increasing your awareness of transference & countertransference
- Tapping the wisdom of the body
- Supporting an experimental & curious attitude
- How to have conversations with the ‘story-teller’
- Recognising how the body has direct relationship with beliefs, attitudes and character
- Interrupting old habits and supporting new neural pathways: neuroplasticity in action
- Integrating emergent knowledge
- Co-regulating through somatic resourcing
- Re-sourcing through relationship with the larger bodymind of nature
THE MAIN BENEFITS
- This workshop provides advanced skill building in therapeutic contexts as well as communication and relationship dynamics, so that you can build on and deepen your abilities for transformative sessions.
- The learning style has a weighting towards the experiential with theoretical components woven through out, so that you get the most opportunity to practice and integrate the skills throughout the workshop.
- This workshop really grounds the practices of mindfulness and somatic (body) awareness and how to integrate these in your own work & life contexts.
- This particular workshop supports increasing your capacity for deep listening, tracking (reading what’s in a clients present experience and what’s outside their everyday awareness), and how to contact this unfolding present experience in others and in yourself.
- This workshop brings the therapeutic interaction alive, through its experimental and working with present moment experience.
- This workshop provides powerful tools for accessing belief systems that can limit people’s ability to fully live into who they are – it’s about increasing choice points.
- This workshop supports your knowing of how to create safe spaces and the flow of the therapeutic process and being able to see what gets in the way or limits the potential of a session.
Who the Workshop is for?
This workshop is for psychotherapists, counsellors, psychologists, social workers, OT’s, care workers, medical staff (nurses, GP’s etc), group work facilitators, bodyworkers and anyone in the helping professions.
This workshop will provide 10 hours for Continuing Professional Development Programs
Dates & Times:
Saturday 19 — Sunday 20 June 2021: 9.30am — 4.30pm
Early Bird (paid by 14 May 2021): $395
Standard (paid after 14 May 2021): $480
Concession (student / low income): $240
NB: Cost is inclusive of morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea (all vegetarian).
50% refund if received in writing before 1 June.
No refunds after 1 June, unless due to COVID regulations.
The Living Centre
16 Trinity Place, East Melbourne
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT:
To register for this workshop, please click here.